Open For Hockey
Goals for the HGHA Hockey FUNdamentals Program are:
- Introduction of basic skills
- Reviewing of basic skills
- Refining of basic skills
The Philosophy of the Hockey FUNdamentals Program is:
- To have fun while playing hockey and engaging in physical activity.
- To learn the basic skills required to play the game of hockey.
- To develop an understanding of basic teamwork through participation in a variety of activities and adapted game situations.
- To create and refine basic motor patterns.
- To be introduced to the concepts of cooperation and fair play.
0% Team Play
FUNdamental development should be built on practicing individual technical skills 85% of total practice time.
Developing basic hockey skills:
- Puck Handling